Guia docente 2019_20
Facultad de Filología y Traducción
Grao en Linguas Estranxeiras
 Subjects
  Literary scope I of a first foreign language: English
   Assessment
  Description Qualification Evaluated Competencess
Seminars Analysis and commentary of texts. Exchange of ideas on the aforementioned analysis, developing an autonomous and critical thinking, and showing attitudes of tolerance. The lecturer will assess the students' active participation in the classroom and in Faitic forums.
20
CB1
CB2
CB3
CB4
CB5
CG1
CG2
CG5
CG6
CG7
CG11
CE157
CE158
CE159
CE160
Essay questions exam Written examination about the contents of the subject, with essay-type questions and the commentary of certain texts. 40
CB1
CB2
CB3
CB4
CB5
CG1
CG2
CG5
CG6
CG7
CG11
CE157
CE158
CE159
CE160
Essay Two written assignments about the topics and texts that will be studied in this module, following the academic conventions, and employing textual evidence, and contextual and critical support. 40
CB1
CB2
CB3
CB4
CB5
CG1
CG2
CG5
CG6
CG7
CG9
CG11
CE157
CE158
CE159
CE160
 
Other comments on the Evaluation
January assessment

Continuous assessment

The students will have to do two written assignments during the semester and a written exam. The lecturer will inform of the type of works and of the dates when they must be handed in at the beginning of the semester. The date of the exam will be the one established in the official calendar of examinations that will be published by the Dean's office.

The evaluation will take into account not only the relevance and quality of the answers but also clarity and linguistic correction.

Non-continunous assessment

The system of evaluation mentioned above is designed for the students that attend classes regularly. Students that, exceptionally and for some justified reason, cannot attend classes regularly must communicate it to the lecturer at the beginning of the semester. These students will have to do the assignments and the exam like the rest of the students, and that will be 80% of their final mark. The other 20% will correspond to an oral exam with questions about the texts . The date of these exams will be the established in the official calendar. The assignments can handed in that same date.

Assessment in July

For the assessment in July, the students that do continuous or non-continuous evaluation that have not passed the assignments or the exam in January will be able to try again in the dates established for that purpose, being able to keep the other marks. For the students that do not have any mark of continuous evaluation, the system will be similar to that of non-continuous assessment explained above (assignments, and written and oral exams). The exams will take place on the date indicated by the official calendar.

Universidade de Vigo            | Rectorado | Campus Universitario | C.P. 36.310 Vigo (Pontevedra) | España | Tlf: +34 986 812 000