1.1. Tasks such as multiple-choice cloze, open cloze, word formation, key word transformations, multiple choice, gapped text and multiple matching (Units 1-10 Proficiency Expert Coursebook).
1.2. Emphatic structures and inversión.
1.3. Passive and causative structures (have, get it made).
2. Vocabulary: phrasal verbs, phrases, patterns, collocations, idioms, word formation.
1. Reading comprehension tasks such as multiple-choice cloze, open cloze, multiple choice and gapped text (fictional and non-fictional books, non-specialist articles from magazines, newspapers and the internet).
2. Textual analysis. Coherence, cohesion, structure and organization of a text.
1. Tasks such as multiple choice, sentence completion, multiple choice and multiple matching (academic lectures, news and interviews, conversations, films…).
2. Listening for main ideas, listening for details, listening for making inferences.
3. Guessing meaning from context and making predictions before listening.
1. Writing an essay with a discursive focus. Summarising and evaluating key ideas contained in texts.
2. Contextualised writing task. Writing for a specific reader, using the appropriate format and style.
1.1. Pronunciation of words and phrases (Consonant clusters, stress in words and phrases, stressed and unstressed syllables).
1.2. Pronunciation in conversation (features of fluent speech, breaking speech into units, prominent words in speech units, intonation in telling, asking and answering).
1.3. Pronunciation in formal settings.
2. Tasks such as oral presentations (developing topics, expressing and justifying opinions and organizing discourse) and short interviews (showing ability to use general interactional and social language).
Universidade de Vigo
Campus Universitario |
C.P. 36.310 Vigo (Pontevedra) |
Tlf: +34 986 812 000