|UNIT 1: NUMBERS AND TRENDS
- Writing, reading, and presenting facts and numbers correctly in a professional setting.
- Understanding symbols and abbreviations.
- Presenting data: Interpreting and describing graphs, charts, and diagrams.
- Expressing numbers and calculations.
- Expressing measurement and technical
- Saying temperatures.
- Saying dates, websites and email addresses.
- Language for talking about trends.
- Adjectives and adverbs.
- Describing timelines.
|UNIT 2: DESIGN AND INNOVATION: DESCRIBING PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Describing uses, appearance, and definitions.
- Giving a short presentation: Structuring a presentation, exploring effective presentation strategies.
- Language of description (e.g., It’s really + adj./ It can + verb/ It looks like, it is shaped like /It is in the shape of …); defining relative clauses, reduced relative clauses.
- Adjectives and qualities, order of adjectives.
- Comparing and contrasting; superlative adjectives.
- Nouns and adjectives connected with geometry and properties.
- Reason and purpose
- Language for presenting: Key words and phrases for introducing, and concluding your presentation, signposting language for linking ideas; language for dealing with questions; persuasive language.
|4. INSPECTION AND QUALITY CONTROL: REPORT WRITING
- Writing a short report: general guidelines (structure, format, and style).
- Writing a short report about a problem.
- Possibility and Probability
- Past simple and Present Perfect.
- Time expressions.
|5. JOB SEARCH: PREPARING FOR A JOB INTERVIEW
- Identifying your personal strengths, key skills and experience.
- Writing a short CV.
- Talking about your CV.
- Writing a cover letter.
- Preparing a job interview: asking and answering interview questions.
- Learning strategies to build applicant’s confidence.
- Phrases for demonstrating personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Phrases to give details of your personal characteristics, qualifications, transferable skills, professional experience, etc.
- Action verbs; positive adjectives, positive expressions.
- Softening negative information and highlighting positive information.
- Avoiding spelling mistakes.
- Revision of past form of verbs, and prepositions.
- Useful language for opening, main body and closing cover letters.